The Best Science Fiction Books:

Read the Best Science Fiction Books!

Afterwards, you'll have time to read the other ones...


Thursday, February 26, 2009

Psycho-mindblowing Science Fiction Books

By psycho-mindblowing I really mean that these books must have been written while on acid or some other kind of psychedelic drugs (and they sometimes where). The king of this genre is for me Philip K. Dick. I already hear many true SF fans shouting and throwing virtual tomatoes to my face for limiting Philip K. Dick to this little genre of "prose written under influence..."
Therefore I wish to reassure you all by saying that Philip K. Dick is not only one of the best SF writers there is but also one of the best writer across any genre.

Dick's capacity of creating faulty futures and often hilarious storytelling is an art. His main charachter is generally a man in his thirties who, against his will, is embarked in an unsettling set of events. The charachter is always having relational problems with women (Dick was married 5 times) and has the loser spirit, feeling unhappy with his life in general.
The storytelling is often genially twisted and leaves the reader in a sentiment of not really understanding what is happening.

This is a list of Dick's best books in my opinion. I will not try to resume them as these books as it is quite impossible and might even be insulting to Dick's genius . Just trust me and read those:

1. The Game-Players of Titan - 1963
2. Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said - 1974
3. A Maze of Death - 1970
4. Our Friends From Frolix-8 - 1970
5. The Man in the High Castle - 1962

No comments:

Post a Comment